Call for Papers (CLOSED)
The Intelligent Ships Symposium is a biennial conference that provides technical presentations, expert panels, and networking opportunities to the Naval Engineering professional community. The symposium invites papers from all shipboard system engineering communities.
One page, 250 word maximum abstracts should be submitted in MS Word format or Adobe Acrobat as an attachment to an email to Greg Anderson (email@example.com).
For government authors: Please obtain proper Clearance for Public Release (Distribution A) for all papers submitted via the web-form link. Papers submitted via email to Greg Anderson must either be cleared for public release or sent via encrypted e-mail provided it does not contain controlled information above FOUO.
For industry authors: If the work described in your abstract and paper are done under contract with a government agency you must obtain Clearance for Public Release (Distribution A) prior to submitting. For those submitting work not done under a federal contract you must ensure the abstract and paper do not contain any controlled information and can be published openly.
Do NOT send any material that is not Cleared for Public Release, Distribution A to ASNE via web form or e-mail; ASNE cannot touch any restricted material. All presentations at ISS must be Distribution A.
Abstracts should include:
- Information Assurance
- Energy Storage
- System Architectures
- Automated Failure Recovery
- Thermal Management
- Modeling & Simulation (M&S)
- Variable Speed Drives
- Propulsion Systems
- Auxiliary Shipboard Systems
- Machinery Automation
- Power Systems & Distribution
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Modular Design
- Maintenance (Condition- based, Robotics, etc.)
- Control Systems & Control System Sustainment
- Modernization Systems Engineering
- Life Support & Ship Habitability Systems
- Distance Support & Logistics Technologies
- Ship Modernization Technologies
Direct questions and abstracts to:
- Proposed title
- Authors’ names and organizations
- For primary point of contact:
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Written description in sufficient detail for review by the Technical Papers Committee, including a problem statement or introduction, an outline of key points, and conclusions or recommendations.
Technical Program Committee Chair
Greg Anderson, Ph. D.
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) (215) 897-8762
November 18, 2016 - Abstracts Due - Call for papers closed. For late inquiries, please contact Greg Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
December 2, 2016 - Author Notification of Acceptance
January 27, 2017 - Draft Papers Due for Committee Review
February 24, 2017 - Committee Review Comments to Authors
April 28, 2017 - Final Papers & Copyright Release Due
May 19, 2017 - Final Presentations & Biographies Due