Student Tour of Carderock
Bus will leave Hyatt Regency Crystal City at 11am. Students please meet in hotel lobby at 10:45. Those wishing to meet at Carderock should be at the visitor center no later than 11:45am. The tour will run from 12pm-4pm, after which the bus will return the students to the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Participants must bring government issued photo ID.
At the student congress, students elect their leadership for the coming year. These student leaders:
- Assist the Student Member of Council in representing the interests and perspective of the Society’s student membership.
- Take the lead in organizing the student program at ASNE Day.
- Identify opportunities for increasing student involvement at all levels in the Society; including but not limited to advocating for student appointments to various committees and organizing various local and national student events.
Elections will be held on Wednesday, March 2 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Positions will be held for one year. Nominations of candidates for the Student Member of Council and the other three elective student positions (see descriptions below) should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than February 20, 2016.
- Student Member of ASNE Council
Student Member of Council must be a joint ASNE/SNAME Student Member with at least junior standing in their field of study at the time of the election and committ to a full year in the position.
- Vice Chair
Assist the Student Member of Council and, when necessary, may be designated to serve as proxy for the Student Member in reporting to the Council and in communicating with the ASNE/SNAME Joint Strategic Alliance Committee.
Keep the minutes of meetings and maintain the records of the committee and shall serve as reporting liaison with ASNE headquarters
- Graduate Student Representative
A graduate student or young professional who will assist in mentoring the student leadership and provide liaison to other young professionals and graduate students in the Society
- Email email@example.com a not more than one page document to include:
- A brief biographical sketch of the nominee including the course of study they are pursuing and their current status in their academic program; their academic and career goals and any other education or experience relevant to naval engineering
- The nominee's perspective on ASNE and on the position for which they are nominated including any prior experience with ASNE or with a similar organization and their views on the value of student participation in ASNE
- A statement by the nominee affirming that if elected, they would be willing and able to serve.
- Proposed candidates may be self-nominated or they may be nominated by a joint student member or any other member of ASNE.
- All student members attending the Student Congress will be eligible to vote.
- Candidates for the election do not have to be present to be considered for election.
Student Poster Competition
Each ASNE Day there is a student poster competition. To enter, please see the Call for Posters. A list of papers currently entered into the competition is online here.
Student Hotel Rooms
ASNE has put aside a block of rooms for students at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.