Call for Papers
Call for Papers Status: Closed
Mega Rust 2016:
Naval Corrosion Conference
June 21-23, 2016
Mega Rust 2016 Theme:
“Corrosion Impact on the Warfighter”
Mega Rust is conducted annually to provide a consolidated focus on Navy corrosion issues. Corrosion is a major factor in the readiness and total ownership cost of naval systems and this conference is intended to provide updated information on programs, policies, standards and Fleet experience related to corrosion and to promote discussion and sharing of information on technologies and strategies for controlling corrosion.
The conference provides an impartial forum for dialogue between government and commercial organizations, and providers of coatings and corrosion control products, processes, technologies and solutions. Participants include representatives from military, industry, and government organizations involved with research and development, design, engineering, construction, maintenance, modernization and operation of naval systems that are potentially affected by corrosion. The conference covers all segments of the naval services including sea, air, Marine Corps, vehicles, and facilties.
- March 4, 2016 - Abstracts Due
- April 8, 2016 - Authors Notified of Selection
- May 13, 2016 - Draft Papers/Presentations Due
- June 10, 2016 - Final Papers/Presentations Due
Submissions of both presentations and technical papers are welcomed. Presentations are sought that will provide participants the latest information and status of corrosion control programs and efforts, implementation of recently approved processes, tools and materials, best practices and lessons learned, and unmet needs looking for near term solutions. The goal is to assist those responsible for corrosion control by providing new, affordable products, processes, and solutions.
Desired topics that support this theme include:
- “Deckplate” Lessons Learned
- New corrosion control methods
- Operational Level Issues and Unmet Needs
- Successful application of new approved products
- Alternative Approaches to Corrosion Control
- Corrosion Control Plan for LCS and Other Aluminum Ships
- Environmentally compliant processes
- Current projects and future needs for corrosion control on:
- Surface Ships
- Aircraft Carriers
- Combat Systems & Antennas
- Facilities & Infrastructure
- Vehicles and Aviation Ground Support Equipment
- Paint Center of Excellence Projects & Coatings Qualification Process
- “Deckplate” Quality Assurance – what can be expected from the Sailors
- Changing Maintenance Plans to utilize new processes and materials
- Surface Preparation Technology and Techniques
- Inspection/Prevention Approaches
- Training Initiatives and Needs
- Research and Development
- Emerging Technologies
Submit a one to two page abstract as directed below prior to March 4, 2016. It should be of sufficient detail to permit evaluation by the Technical Program Committee. Fully developed presentations (technical paper is optional) will be requested if your proposed abstract is selected.
The abstract should include:
- Proposed Title
- Author(s)’ name(s) and organization(s)
- Indicate if it will be just a presentation or if there will also be a formal technical paper for possible publication
- Problem statement or introduction
- Outline of the key points to be made
- Conclusions or recommendations
- A short bio of the Author(s)
For Primary Point of Contact include: mailing address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
Submit abstracts to MegaRust2016@navalengineers.org.
For additional information and details on paper submission, see the ASNE Technical Papers Guidelines.