Attention all ASNE - NNE Members!!!
We have a decision to make as a Section - on the future of our section - and how we want to operate going forward.
If you are willing to serve as an officer of the section (or on the Program Committee or other committees), please give one of your current officers a call. We need your enthusiasm and ideas. If you have a good candidate, please let us know.
We would also like to establish a dedicated Program Committee. Rather than having your officers as the only members involved in setting up a program, we would like to expand the numbers involved. We are looking for some new ideas and new members. We would like to have members from our three areas - Portland/Bath; Portsmouth/Seacoast and Boston as part of this program committee.
· Purpose: To prepare interesting and educational programs that respond to the interests and aspirations of our members.
· Question for all members: Should we continue to schedule monthly meetings? Or should we go to bi-monthly meetings?
· We do plan to work closer with SNAME - New England. We want to make sure that we don’t conflict with their meetings, and want to offer our members the opportunity to attend SNAME meetings.
There are other opportunities for members to assist the ASNE community, which include Sea Perch and other outreach programs, establishing and working with student sections in the New England area and serving on national committees.
· Dave Marcello, our ASNE Regional Council Member, helped to set up a Sea Perch Event at the Bath YMCA with six teams in March, 2012.
· The 2013 Northern New England Sea Perch Competition organizational meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 21st at 1600 at the Alion Office, 662 Washington St, Bath, Maine; all interested persons are welcome to attend.
You may contact your officers with your recommendations and suggestions.
Thanks for your time.
Vice-Chairman – ASNE-NNE