Mega Rust is an annual event that began in June 2005 and rotates among several locations to reach a broader audience and to best meet the needs of the U.S. Navy. Mega Rust combines five annual meetings and conferences:
- U.S. Navy and Industry Corrosion Technology Exchange, "Rust" Conference
- Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command's Fleet Corrosion Control Forum
- Naval Shipyard Coatings Group Meeting
- USCG Coatings & Corrosion Control Tiger Team Meeting
- U.S. Navy Submarine Preservation Conference
This conference brings together government, military, owners, operators, shipyards, research facilities, and coatings manufacturers and suppliers to discuss issues pertinent to the preservation industry.