Call for Papers Status: CLOSED!
Event: Mega Rust: U.S. Navy Corrosion Conference 2011
Ted Constant Convocation Center, Old Dominion University
June 6 – 9, 2011
25 February 2011 - Abstracts and Bios Due
25 March 2011 - Authors Notified of Selection
8 April 2011 - Draft Papers/Presentations Due
6 May 2011 - Final Papers/Presentations Due
Mega Rust: U.S. Navy Corrosion Conference is conducted annually to provide a consolidated focus on Navy corrosion issues. Corrosion is a major factor in the readiness and total ownership cost of naval systems and this conference is intended to provide updated information on programs, policies, standards and Fleet experience related to corrosion and to promote discussion and sharing of information on technologies and strategies for controlling corrosion. The conference provides an impartial forum for dialogue between providers of coatings and corrosion control products and processes, and those with potential users in government and commercial organizations. Participants include representatives from military, industry, and government organizations involved with research and development, design, engineering, construction, maintenance, modernization, and operation of naval systems that are potentially affected by corrosion.
Papers and presentations are sought that will provide participants the latest information and status of corrosion control programs and efforts, implementation of recently approved processes, tools and materials, best practices and lessons learned, and unmet needs looking for near term solutions. Desired topics include:
- Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Coast Guard and Air Force Corrosion Programs
- Current projects and future needs for corrosion control on:
- Surface Ships, Aircraft Carriers, Submarines, Combat Systems & Antennas, Facilities & Infrastructure, Vehicles, Aircraft, or Ground Support Equipment
- Coatings Qualification Process
- Paint Center of Excellence Projects
- Quality Assurance
- Achieving Service Life
- Reducing Total Ownership Costs
- Corrosion Control Plan for LCS and Other Aluminum Ships
- New Corrosion Control Methods
- Environmentally Compliant Processes
- Successful Application of New Products
- Lessons Learned
- Alternative Approaches
- Training Initiatives and Needs
- Research and Development
- Emerging Technologies
- Lifecycle Issues
- Maintenance Plans
- Surface Preparation Technology
- Inspection/Prevention Approaches
- Cathodic Protection
- Current Program Status from NSRP, NACE, SSPC, ABS, and other supporting organizations
Submit a 1-2 page proposal as directed below prior to 25 February 2011. The proposal should include:
- Proposed Title
- Author(s)’ name(s) and organization(s)
- Primary Point of Contact, including mailing address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address
- A 1-2 page written description in sufficient detail to permit evaluation by the Technical Papers Committee. Include a problem statement or introduction, an outline of the key points to be made in the paper, and conclusions or recommendations that the paper will address.
Please submit abstracts, draft papers, and final papers to MR2011@navalengineers.org by the dates indicated above.
Submissions of both technical papers and presentations are welcomed. A paper is not required for presentations, however, a 1-2 page proposal outlined in the Submission Information section is required.