Discover the vast array and convenience of resources at your fingertips, including:
- All ASNE members receive a subscription to the prestigious Naval Engineers Journal (NEJ). The NEJ is a quarterly, peer reviewed technical journal that presents the latest in research and technology. It is a leading source of information on the full range of naval engineering subjects and provides a prominent forum for authors to publish their work for further use by the profession.
- Online Access to the NEJ
- Networking with top-ranking leaders and professionals in the naval engineering and maritime community
- Great discounts on symposia, professional development courses, and proceedings
- When available, free PDH for attendance at our symposia, courses and some on-demand learning opportunities.
Members have access to over 134 years of back-issues of the Naval Engineers Journal, and access to technical and social forums.
All ASNE members have access to the Society’s online job database. It is an easy, one stop site for employers and employees interested specifically in naval engineering fields and specialties.
Companies can either post their job vacancies, or they can review prospective employees’ resumes. The site also presents employees with the option to create their own job bank, post a resume or to search for potential job opportunities in their desired field. ASNE encourages student members to post their resumes, providing a valuable resource for internships and entry-level position fulfillment.
Exceptional Learning Experiences
The Society provides members with a host of exciting opportunities to broaden professional knowledge:
ASNE sponsors numerous technical symposia providing its members with an opportunity to gain exposure to distinguished naval engineering professionals and to enhance their knowledge base. Topics can include, but are not limited to combat systems, logistics, ship design, fleet maintenance, naval aviation, human systems engineering, electronic engineering, the environment and other important issues.
ASNE’s Sections provide members with a professional development and networking opportunity at the local level. Many of the Society’s sections offer informal monthly meetings providing a venue for presentations and networking opportunities relevant to local/regional activities and organizations.
Join ASNE's Facebook Group or find us on LinkedIn
ASNE Award Program - Every year ASNE presents the following coveted achievement awards honoring individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the naval engineering field.
Student & Young Engineer Support - One of the Society’s priorities is to support students considering a career in naval engineering or currently enrolled in an academic program.
ASNE's Scholarship Program - ASNE's Scholarship Program was established to improve and promote the profession of naval engineering. The Society’s goal is to encourage college students to enter the field of naval engineering and to provide valuable support to naval engineers seeking advanced education in the field.
Additional Membership Benefits
- Opportunities for direct participation on committees
- Opportunity to publish technical papers and monographs
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Discount on office rental in headquarters building (Depends upon availability)
- Liaison with other engineering societies
- ASNE Emblematics