Call for Papers *Submission Deadline Extended to March 11, 2019
Call for Papers Status: Open
MegaRust is conducted annually to provide a consolidated focus on Navy corrosion issues. Corrosion is a major factor in the readiness and total ownership cost of naval systems and this conference is intended to provide updated information on programs, policies, standards and Fleet experience related to corrosion and to promote discussion and sharing of information on technologies and strategies for controlling corrosion.
The conference provides an impartial forum for dialogue between government and commercial organizations, and providers of coatings and corrosion control products, processes, technologies and solutions. Participants include representatives from military, industry, and government organizations involved with research and development, design, engineering, construction, maintenance, modernization and operation of naval systems that are potentially affected by corrosion. The conference covers all segments of the naval services including sea, air, Marine Corps, vehicles, and facilities.
- DEADLINE Extended to: March 11, 2019 - Abstracts Due
- March 25,2019 - Authors Notified of Selection
- April 22, 2019 - Draft Papers/Presentations Due
- May 3,2019 - Final Papers/Presentations Due
Submissions of both presentations and technical papers are welcomed. Presentations are sought that will provide participants the latest information and status of corrosion control programs and efforts, implementation of recently approved processes, tools and materials, best practices and lessons learned, and unmet needs looking for near term solutions. The goal is to assist those responsible for corrosion control by providing new, affordable products, processes, and solutions.
Desired topics that support this theme include:
- "Deckplate" Lessons Learned
- New corrosion control methods
- Operational Level Issues and Unmet Needs
- Successful application of new approved products
- Alternative Approaches to Corrosion Control
- Corrosion Control Plan for LCS and Other Aluminum Ships
- Environmentally compliant processes
- Current projects and future needs for corrosion control on:
- Surface Ships
- Aircraft Carriers
- Combat Systems & Antennas
- Facilities & Infrastructure
- Vehicles and Aviation Ground Support Equipment
- Paint Center of Excellence Projects & Coatings Qualification Process
- "Deckplate" Quality Assurance – what can be expected from the Sailors
- Changing Maintenance Plans to utilize new processes and materials
- Surface Preparation Technology and Techniques
- Inspection/Prevention Approaches
- Training Initiatives and Needs
- Research and Development
- Emerging Technologies
Submit a one to two page abstract as directed below prior to the deadline of March 11, 2019. It should be of sufficient detail to permit evaluation by the Technical Program Committee. Fully developed presentations (technical paper is optional) will be requested if your proposed abstract is selected.
The abstract should include:
- Proposed Title
- Author(s)’ name(s) and organization(s)
- Indicate if it will be just a presentation or if there will also be a formal technical paper for possible publication
- Problem statement or introduction
- Outline of the key points to be made
- Conclusions or recommendations
- A short bio of the Author(s)
Technical papers must include all information outlined above to be considered by the Technical Committee. Failure to include all the requested information by the deadline, may impact paper selection and consideration.
For Primary Point of Contact include: mailing address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
Submit abstracts via the linked online form (login required). For questions, please contact: MegaRust@navalengineers.org.
For additional information and details on paper submission, see the ASNE Technical Papers Guidelines.
Download a copy of the MegaRust 2019 Call for Papers Flyer.