Date: September 17-20
Location: Virginia Beach Convention Center
Theme: Readiness, Wholeness and Future Capability — Keys to Expanding Maritime Superiority.
The American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) Fleet Maintenance & Modernization Symposium (FMMS) is an annual event, alternating between Hampton Roads and San Diego, bringing together the entire naval ship maintenance and modernization community like no other forum.
US military vessels and ships are some of the most complex modern marvels of the 21st century that must operate in demanding seas while completing complex missions for national defense or humanitarian efforts. ASNE's FMMS allows for an open forum of communications and exchange of technical information of ship maintenance and modernization between the US Navy, NAVSEA, industry, academia, deck plate users, and you.
This forum seeks to engage everyone who has a stake in building, repairing, sailing, innovating, updating, training, fighting, and winning on or from the sea on a US or allied military vessel. We are stronger when people with different backgrounds, education, jobs, trades, and experience discuss issues and solutions facing the fleet.
What are some of the intersections of communications from the fleet, industry, and academia of this forum?
- learn what new technology can do and how best to integrate into a ships systems
- work with other disciplines and stakeholders to ensure that engineering considerations are built into all phases and lifecycle process
- share effective repair strategies based on collective data and deck plate experience to help eliminate the cost and time of rework
- understand what ship designs and systems can be modernized with durable and proven technology
- train others and share historical knowledge that can be collected for the next generation
- leverage partnerships between small and large businesses to facilitate technology transition to the fleet
FMMS 2018 will include prominent guest speakers, panelists and paper presentations from the Navy, Coast Guard, industry and academia; providing a unique opportunity to interact with senior military and civil service decision makers, ship and craft operators and maintainers, repair and maintenance personnel, designers, builders, planners, engineers, program managers, life cycle engineers, equipment suppliers and other technical experts.
What will you learn and how will you participate at FMMS 2018?
September 17: Continuing Education, Golf Tournament, and Collaborative Events
September 18-19: Primary Symposium Program
September 20: Collaborative Events