Call for Papers: Closed
Theme: Build. Maintain. Modernize. Shaping the Future Fleet.
ABSTRACTS DUE: APRIL 14, 2017
Suggested Topic Areas:
- Sharing best practices across services, maintenance communities & platforms
- Investing today to maintain “Affordable Relevance”
- Aligning training, maintenance & modernization to improve operational availability
- Employing innovative Material Condition Assessments to prioritize investment decisions
- Using “Communities of Practice” to improve collaboration
- Investing today to achieve or exceed design service life & reduce maintenance
- Contracting strategies that yield improved readiness without adding cost
- Implementing Flexible Warship Initiatives now to reduce future modernization costs & increase operational availability
- Using technology to reduce manning
- Managing knowledge to better spare, maintain, repair and operate increasingly complex & integrated systems
- Modernizing for Energy Reduction
- Innovating cybersecurity upgrades to reduce integration and implementation costs
- Cybersecurity of onboard systems
- Using more reliable components to decrease maintenance cycle frequency
- New approaches to scheduling & maintenance to better accommodate changing operational schedules
- Employing a defendable business case to ensure total ownership cost (TOC) is understood and prioritized throughout the life of the ship.
- Configuration Knowledge vs Configuration Control – improving decision making, promoting commonality while reflecting accurate ship configurations
- Leveraging digital/3-D product models beyond Design/Construction across the ship/component lifecycle
- Addressing the challenges of modernizing C4ISR and Combat Systems when technology evolves faster than current platform maintenance cycles
Submit a one page proposal at: <submission closed> (login required) prior to April 14, 2017. The proposal should include:
- Proposed Title
- Author (s)’ name (s)
- Primary point of contact e-mail address
- 1-2 page description which includes a problem statement or introduction, an outline of the key points to be made in the paper, and conclusions or recommendations that the paper will address.
Download a copy of this call for papers here
All questions should be sent to FMMS 2017 Technical Papers Chair:
Dr. Robert Sielski at FMMS2017@navalengineers.org
, or to RASielski@att.net
, or 321-220-0829.
ABSTRACTS DUE: April 14, 2017
First Drafts of Papers Due: June 16, 2017
Final Drafts of Papers Due: July 21, 2017
Technical paper guidelines are available here.